Fellow Beauty Fanatics

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

NOTD: Orly Luxe - Golden Foil

Last month, I had a post on Orly's Glitz.
When I was purchasing Glitz, I saw a few other polishes in a simular color family. Upon further research, I found that a few years earlier, Orly had a line called Foil FX. It consisted of 3 polishes: Luxe (yellow gold), Rage (rose gold), and Shine (white gold/silver). So far, I have purchased 2 of the 3. This post is on Orly Luxe. Whereas, Glitz is a butter yellow gold metallic, Luxe is a gold foil with some silver undertones.  So it is not as warm as Glitz. But it is still a yellow gold, foil. 
I am still really surprised just how much my tastes have changed since I started blogging.

Review:
·Color Family: Gold (yellow gold w/silver undertones) - Cool tone
·Finish: Foil
·Opacity: 2 coats for bottle color
·Collection: Foil FX 2009

· Bottle: 18 mL – 0.6 Fl Oz (20% more than the average polish)
· Brush: Standard narrow brush
· Price: Reg. $5.99 but can be often found on sale at Sally and other e-tailers.
· Availability: Ulta, CVS, and Sally Beauty are some of the major retailers that carry Orly
· Application: Smooth. In these pictures, I am wearing BC, and 2 coats of NP
· Selection: Orly's selection, although not as large as China Glaze or OPI, is significant and current with today's trends.

Remember, treat your nails as jewels, not tools. Grace and Peace.


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, this is one of my favorites - it looks great on you!

For Me, It Works... said...

@Nicole, Thanks. I am surprised at just how much I like this collection. I still need to get the silver (Shine) or I may get Dazzle.

polishloving said...

This may be a good one for me I will see if it is available on any of the etailers :) gorgeous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...