11/11/11 Haul (Sephora, MAC, Fashion Fair, Icing, & a little extra)

I am venturing out a little from my normal type of posting but if you have been following my blog from the beginning, you will remember that I mentioned that from time-to-time I may post about other beauty items. And as fate would have it, I did some hauling today that in addition to some polishes, include some beauty products. So I thought I would share my recent purchases with you.

I have seen several postings about Icing polishes. I had never tried this line but just so happens there is an Icing store in one of my local malls. So I decided to get a few. Icing seems to be similiar to Claire's in that most of their inventory is Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. So I picked out 4 polishes. I stuck with the glitters. I picked up the much talked about Epic Winning; I also got Birds of Paradise, Starlight and Glamourous.
The main reason for going to the mall was to get a new foundation. Fashion Fair has been the only line that had a powder that perfectly matched my skin tone. My Oil Control Pressed powder in Pecan has long since been a Holy Grail product. So I got the Fashion Fair Oil Free Perfect Finish Cream-to-Powder Foundation in Tender and the Oil Control Loose Powder in Pecan. The sales associate was very helpful and knowledegable. She also gave me a free sample lipstick in the shade Naked. Which is a good thing because I have been looking for a good naked shade of lipstick.

Across from the Fashion Fair counter in my local Belks, is a MAC counter. I wanted to get a new Eyebrow Pencil. So I picked up the MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud (Dark Brown).

After leaving Belk, I headed to JC Penney to go to the Sephora counter. I was looking to pick up another eyeliner, either my normal Smashbox Jetset or try something new. The last time I was in Ulta they were out of Tarte Emphaseyes in Black but today Sephora had it. So I picked that up. Bonus is that Tarte Emphaseyes comes with a dual-ended brush. While at Sephora, I also got samples of Murad Oil Control Mattifer and Juicy Couture Original Fragrance.

Lastly, something I had been thinking about for sometime was getting my eyebrows threaded. Just so happens there is a Brow Art 23 franchise in the same mall. So I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time. My experience was not bad. If you have ever had your brows waxed you should not have a problem with threading. Granted they itched for a while after, but that only lasted about an hour.
So today ended up being a pretty good day. It's Veteran's Day and I thank each and every person that has ever served this great country. We, as a country are ever in your debt.  Grace, Peace, and Blessings.

2 comments

  1. love your haul! i cant wait for you to swatch Birds of Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your eyebrows look perfect! I want to try that too. :)

    ReplyDelete

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.