Fellow Beauty Fanatics

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wash & Color Day - Hair Regimen & Products Used


I started fighting the graying battle in my early 20s and have been fighting that battle every since. My natural hair color was a medium brown, but most of my adult life I have wanted to change it to a auburn mahogany. One day I say a Garnier commercial and fell in love with the hair color of the model. So much so that I contacted Garnier to determine the color used.  It was 535-Medium Golden Mahogany Brown. I have used this product for the past 2 color treatments. Garnier Nutrisse is a permanent hair color but it contains 3 natural oils that I love, Avocado, Olive, & Grapeseed Oil. These oils are very beneficial for my hair, so with each use of this product, I am treating my hair with these oils, therefore in my opinion, there is less damage than other hair coloring products. After applying the hair coloring and allowing it to process, I shampoo with my holy grail Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo.  I always follow up all chemical processes with a protein treatment to help strengthen my hair. This time I used one of my favorites, ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor.  As with all protein treatments, I follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner. Protein conditioner can be drying to the hair.  Again, my holy grail products are Roux Porosity Control (not a moisturizing conditioner, but great to treat porous hair) and Creme of Nature Moisture Extreme Conditioner.  After allowing the moisture conditioner sit for 30-45 minutes, I rinse and apply my leave-in conditioners.  Again, I use ApHogee products: Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer & ProVitamin Leave-In Conditioner.
 To style my hair, I use the following styling poducts: Creme of Nature Foaming Wrap Lotion, Lottabody Concentrate Setting Lotion.  When I'm doing a roller set and finishing with a finger comb I use One 'n Only Argan Oil Treatment, otherwise I use I spritz with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Gloss & Shine Spray.

Garnier commercial I referenced...

Grace, Peace, and Blessings.

* FTC: These products were bought with my own monies. These are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...