Like I needed another make-up brush! For me, make-up brushes are quickly becoming like nail polishes and lip products...you can never have too many.
During one of their recent sales, I ordered several of the Coastal Scents brushes that I had been eyeing for quite some time. With this order they sent me an very appropriate sticker..."Makeup Addict". It's official now.
The brushes arrived in a cute little mesh bag, each individually wrapped.
So the face brushes I ordered were:
- Bionic Flat Top Buffer. I received my first flat top buffer last Christmas as part of the Sedona Lace Vortex brush set I purchased for myself as a Christmas present. I quickly fell in love and have since been looking to collect flat top buffer brushes. So I jumped at the Coastal Scents brush. They are excellent for applying liquid foundation. I obtain a flawless finish. A flat top buffer brush is a must for every brush collection.
- The next two brushes I selected were the large and small Stippling Synthetic brushes. The duo fiber stippling brushes are another brush that is often used for liquid foundation, but I have also used them for other reasons: the small brush for applying setting powder to my under-eye concealer and the larger for blush and bronzer. Both work well to give an air-brush finish with no streaks.
- Angle Synthetic Blush brushes were two others I picked up. I like the angle blush brush for just as the name states, to apply blush. The angled feature helps to apply product along the cheek bone and the hollows of my cheeks. I love the smaller brush for applying highlight to the upper cheekbone.
The next brushes I purchased were eye brushes. They were: (L to R)
- Pointed Detail Synthetic brush: I had been looking for another brush for applying my gel eyeliner so I chose this brush. I achieve a smooth line at the water line and at the upper lid.
- Synthetic Concealer Shading brush: Although the name says "concealer" I also use this brush as a flat shader brush for my eye shadows. You will quickly learn that there are no makeup brush "laws". Use them how they best work for you.
- Doefoot Synthetic Blender brush: I use this to blend my corner "V" section of my eye. Because it has an angled cut, it works well with the outer "V".
- Pointed Synthetic Blender Brush: This is a brush that I like for the inner corner for applying highlighter.
- Crease Synthetic Blender Brush: Every makeup brush collection needs a blender brush or brushes for softening the look of your eye makeup.
*Unfortunately, I purchased several of these brushes on clearance so some may no longer be available. However, Coastal Scents is always adding new products to their inventory.
So that wraps up my most recent brush haul. Have you purchased any brushes lately, and if so which ones and how do you use them?
This is the second order I have place with Coastal Scents and I have been happy with both. I am sure there will be others. Many of the Coastal Scents brushes have been compared to MAC brushes and several have been said to be better than MAC. I do know that they are more reasonably priced. I also love my 88 palettes. I have the Warm, Mirage, and the Metal palettes. If you are in the market for new brushes definitely give Coastal Scents a try. They can be found at www.coastalscents.com and frequently have sales.
Grace, Peace, & Blessings.
* FTC: These products were bought with my own monies. These are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by and of these companies. This is not a sponsored post.