Fellow Beauty Fanatics

Monday, August 27, 2012

Scrub Away the Mondays...AVEENO Positively Ageless Resurfacing Scrub

As I've posted in the past, I love DIY spa days. One of my favorite parts of that process is the facial scrub. And just so happens, I'd been contemplating starting a new series on facial scrubs-Scrub Away the Mondays.  There is currently, several facial scrubs already in my stash that I am planning to review. However, just today, I received a package from a brand of which I have used for years. Today, I would like to share with you a fairly new product, AVEENO POSITIVELY AGELESS® Resurfacing Scrub

During my earlier years, I most often turned to the Aveeno Clear Complexion collection whenever I experienced breakouts.  I still keep a bottle of the Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer at hand just in case. Over the past few years, I have started seeing those nasty little signs of aging, so I amped up my anti-aging game.  I have been given the opportunity to try some of the products from  AVEENO'S POSITIVELY AGELESS®  collection. This collection is made up of several anti-aging products, that claim to help preserve each individual's skin to help reduce the look of fine lines, wrinkles, uneven tone, and to help correct the look of discolorations.  As I am in my mid-40s, this is just what I need. LOL!

The AVEENO POSITIVELY AGELESS® Resurfacing Scrub is a gentle, oil-free, allergy tested scrub. Most of us have tried those scrubs that felt like sandpaper on our skin.  This is probably the most gentle scrub I have come across yet. At first touch, I was suspect; the microbeads are almost non-detectable, but after massaging in circular motions, I felt the very fine, microbeads. Not the abrasive granules, so many scrubs & exfoliators contain.  This non-comedogenic (non-pore blocking) formula is definitely gentle enough for daily use.
Another benefit of AVEENO POSITIVELY AGELESS® Resurfacing Scrub is that is contains Vitamin C. Vitamin C is increasingly being found in more skin care products. It is an antioxidant that has shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. 

The AVEENO POSITIVELY AGELESS® Resurfacing Scrub also features their Natural Shiitake Complex Technology. "The AVEENO® Brand has captured the beauty-enhancing benefits of this natural antioxidant, within the ACTIVE NATURALS® Natural Shiitake Complex which works with the skin's own natural renewal process to help deliver a broad-spectrum of benefits."

My experiences:

I have maturing, combination-oily skin. My skin texture issues are rough patches on my cheeks, chin and on my nose.  I used this product as directed, applying it to moistened skin and massaged in circular motions.  Afterward, my skin was smooth, and soft, including what were my rough patches. I absolutely love the scent, it's not overpowering or irritating. Also, it didn't leave any residual feel. So the question is would I recommend this product to anyone and would I purchase it for myself? Yes. 

I received several other products from this line and can't wait to share them with you. So if you're experiencing those first signs of aging, please give the AVEENO POSITIVELY AGELESS® collection a try.

AVEENO POSITIVELY AGELESS® Resurfacing Scrub Summary: 
  • Suggested Retail Price: $8.99-9.99
  • Size: Net Wt. 5oz (141 g)
  • Available at National food, drug, and mass merchandisers
Grace, Peace, & Blessings.
* These sample products were sent to me for review consideration by the PR department of the Manufacturer. These however, are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...