As I have said more than a few times, I love my blue and purple nail polishes. But every so often I need to "cleanse" my palette and wear a more tame color. This week I was in the mood for a pink but which pink? Pale? Dusty? Hot? Bubble gum? or maybe Barbie Pink?...I was wanting the "perfect" pink. It's not like I don't have several to choose from. But the problem was still which pink.
When selecting polishes for my manicures, I try to select from my many "untrieds". This time I went with one of my overall favorite brands...Orly and I chose Basketcase.
Orly Basketcase is a gorgeous mid-tone, blue-based, pink creme. It's bright but not neon. This is one of those shades that has resulted in me constantly admiring my nails throughout the day. I would also say that this shade although bold, would be a safe "office" polish. Orly Basketcase is part of the core permanent collection so it shouldn't be too difficult to find. And you should definitely have Orly Basketcase in your collection. This is the "perfect" pink.
The application was smooth, and not streaky. I love the Orly bottle. I wish all polish makers had the rubberized bottle tops. They make life so much easier. Orly has been a major part of my collection since its beginning. I actually recently posted bottle spam of my entire Orly collection (Part 1 and Part 2). I really need to get around to more of my stash. Love Orly!!!
When you want to "cleanse" your polish palette, what colors do you go to?
- Bottle: 18 mL – 0.6 Fl Oz (20% more than the average polish)
- Brush: Standard narrow brush
- Application: Smooth. These pictures are all showing 2 coats.
- Price: Reg. $5.99 but can be often found on sale at Sally, and other e-tailers.
- Availability: Ulta, CVS, and Sally Beauty are some of the major retailers that carry Orly
* FTC: These products were bought with my own monies. These are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by and of these companies. This is not a sponsored post.