Layla Cosmetics Velvet Effect...Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Bear...

My first experience with the Italian brand Layla Cosmetics was with their Hologram line of polishes. It was love at first sight. Since then, I have been mesmerized by several of their new collections: Mirror, Softouch, and Ceramic.  Today I want to share with you another of their newer collections. Texture is the latest trend and just about every brand had released a textured line. Today I received to review, one of the New Layla Cosmetics Velvet Effect. This texture is like no other I've seen so far...

The promo information that came along with the product reads as follows:

"Layla Velvet Effect is the new Velvet textured nail color that can be used with any of your favorite nail polishes and will turn your manicure from boring to beautiful in a matter of seconds!" 

Now, when I first opened the package, I found what I thought was a normal bottle of polish but I asked myself, what's with the blush brush? I opened the bottle and thought I had received a defective product. The cap didn't have a brush attached. When I actually read the information I understood how it worked.  Patience has never been one of my virtues...LOL!


If you have followed my blog for any period of time, you will notice that I don't have the patience for detailed nail art but this is probably the easiest I've come across to date.  I must admit, I am really surprised at just how much I like this effect. I'm normally like my nail polish to have a smooth and shiny finish.  I don't think I would wear this everyday to the office but I certainly would pull it out when I felt like having some fun. It would be great for Spring and Summer.

How to Use Layla Velvet Effect:
  1. Add two coats of your favorite nail polish. (As a compliment, I used Finger Paints Sexy Sundress)
  2. While the polish is wet sprinkle the New Layla Velvet Effect onto your nails. (I sprinkled leaning over a piece of paper, so that I could recycle the fallout and put it back in the bottle for future use.) 
  3. Wait a few minutes and brush off the excess Velvet Effect with the includes small brush.
  4. Let dry for a few minutes, no top coat is needed.

"What makes Layla Velvet Effect different?
Unlike any other texture nail art out there, Layla Velvet Effect can be used with any of your favorite nail polish colors and comes in 12 vibrant colors."

I can't go into detail about the wear of this polish as I just received it today and I normally change my polishes at least twice a week; but I never really have chipping or peeling issues with any of my polishes. As always, I would suggest, removing all traces of oil from your nail beds and apply a good adhesive base coat.

This wasn't my schedule blog post, but the minute I saw it, I knew I had to share the Layla Velvet Effect with you as soon as possible. What have been some of your favorite Layla polish lines?

Layla Velvet Effect is available at Aveyou.com, Zappos.com and at retail for $11.50 USD.


Grace, Peace, & Blessings.
* This product was sent to me for review consideration by either the manufacturer or the PR firm representing the manufacturer. These however are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.

No comments

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.