LUSH COSMETICS: Hand & Nail Care Products Review

My campaign to have a Lush Cosmetics store open in Jacksonville started almost 3 years ago when I first started blogging. I posted my desire to have a store open here several times on their Twitter and Facebook pages. Imagine my excitement when my wish finally came true. Lush Cosmetics has entered the Jacksonville market by opening their first store here at the St. John's Town Center and to my surprise, today they announced that a 2nd store will be opening in the Avenues Mall, which even better, is only 5 minutes from my office-can you say lunch runs to Lush...  

My introduction to Lush Cosmetics was the product called "Lemony Flutter", their cuticle butter, that just about every nail blogger raved about. But back then the closest Lush Store was in Orlando, 2 1/2 hours away.  I am a touchy-feely shopper and when purchasing beauty products for the first time, I like to be able to smell them.  So, with the announcement of the 1st Jacksonville store, I has offered the opportunity to receive several of their products to try. I jumped at that chance.  I have a love for DIY Spa Nights so of course I chose exfoliants, scrubs, masks, and hand care products.  The first of these products I want to share with you are products I've been recently using in my nail & hand care regimen.

We take time to care for our facial skin but, so often neglect our hands.  As a nail blogger and one that just loves to care for my hands and nails, my nail regimen includes doing a scrub, so from the Lush line, I chose to add one of their top sellers - Ocean Salt.  This is a Face & Body Scrub, while excellent for Face & Body, I also like it as my manicure scrub. I dampen my hands and apply about a teaspoon of the Ocean Salt scrub and rub it over my hands and cuticle for a few minutes, than rinse. The consistency is almost whipped and the results are OMG!!! My hands are so soft and smooth. I can't remember the last time I touched a baby's bottom, but I would bet that my hands are even softer.  The scent is soft and fresh. Ocean Salt contains avocado and coconut for hydration and lime and vodka for their antibacterial benefits; which is great for any issues you may with with dry and cracked hands and cuticles. (4.2 oz - $21.95)
Side note: some settling of the product may occur so mix before using.

After drying my hands, I applied the Lush Handy Gurugu Hand Cream. The cream is made up of several butters and essential oils, including more than 25% shea butter. It's not overly greasy and absorbs quickly.  There is a light herbal and fresh scent. (3.5 oz - $18.95).  This is the product that I like to keep at my desk. The soap at work is so drying that only an uber hydrating hand cream revives the moisture levels.

Lastly, I was really excited to try the product that first introduced me to Lush Cosmetics, Lemony Flutter.  I have been beating the "moisturize moisturize moisturize, your cuticles" drum long before I ever started blogging.  Another part of my nail regimen is to moisturize my cuticles at least 2-3 times a day.  Lemony Flutter contains one of my favorite natural oils-avocado oil and several essential oils.  I posted my own cuticle oil mix and I expressed my appreciation of natural oils. This cuticle cream includes many of the ingredients that I include in my own oil.  The scent is a cross between Lemon Pledge and lemon cake batter.  Of course would prefer that the scent would lean more toward the lemon cake Batter, but it's not offensive. (1.5 oz - $16.95)

So this being my first experience with Lush Cosmetics, I am really anxious to visit one of the new stores and to try some of their other products.  It's great knowing that Lush does not test any of their products on animals and for those concerned, is 100% vegetarian.

For those who are already familiar with Lush Cosmetics, what are some of your favorite products and which would you recommend that I try?

Grace, Peace, & Blessings.

* These products were provided by the Brand or by the representing PR firm for review consideration. These however are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.

3 comments

  1. I love their shampoo bars, the Angels On Bare Skin which is a milder scrub that moisturizes, almond and milk, and the Aquamarina roll. I alternate the Ocean Salt harsh scrub with the Angels milder scrub, and use Aquamarina when my face is more red than usual. It has calamine and rose in it, so if your face has a rosy hue, it evens it out. It also has seaweed and some salt on it. I use it whenever I'm going out anywhere other than work. (Oh and BATH BOMBS!!! I never took baths before I started getting Lush Bath Bombs because I thought they were gross, and now there's almost nothing I enjoy more!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a fun and informative review. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.