Fellow Beauty Fanatics

Friday, January 6, 2012

NOTD: Orly Cotton Candy

With all the recent Fall and Winter holidays, and so many dark, autumnal, jewel, and glittery polishes, I was just in the mood for something softer. So I went to my stash and decided on one of my untrieds, Orly Cotton Candy. At first I was thinking that it was not appropriate for this time of year, but I just needed something softer.  When I first put it on, I wasn't sure that I was going to like it. But the next day, I went out and saw it in the bright Florida sun and I was won over. This is a beautiful soft pastel bubble gum (or Cotton Candy) pink cream. In the 2 days I have been wearing it, I have received tons of compliments.  Total strangers have ask me what polish I was wearing. It was part of the 2010 Spring Sweet Collection that included other lovelies such as Snowcone, Pixy Stix, Lemonade, Lollipop, and Gumdrop. I need to get a few of those also. Orly Cotton Candy is not one to be overlooked or left for the summer months.  



Review:
·Color Family: Pink 
·Finish: Cream
·Opacity: 2 coats for bottle color
·Collection: Sweet Collection Spring, 2010

·Bottle: 18 mL – 0.6 Fl Oz (20% more than the average polish)
·Brush: Standard narrow brush
·Price: Reg. $5.99 but can be often found on sale at Sally and other e-tailers.
·Availability: Ulta, CVS, and Sally Beauty are some of the major retailers that carry Orly
·Application: The first coat was kinda of watery & streaky, but the second coat smooth out the finish. In these pictures, I am wearing BC, and 2 coats of NP

Remember, treat your nails as jewels, not tools. Grace, Peace, & Blessings.

3 comments:

aaminahs mom said...

So pretty..funny I bought that after Christmas (since it was buy2 get a treatment@Sally's) and I wore that for 2 days!!! It's a when a lacquerhead wants to wear it.

MariJo said...

Very pretty pink!!

loodie loodie loodie said...

I alternate between dark and light based on my mood too, no matter the season. This one is so much fun and pretty, it's no wonder you got a lot of compliments! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...