,

PRODUCT REVIEW: Tresemme' Smooth Keratin Shampoo & Conditioner

1:29 AM

I wish my hair care life was as easy as my nail care life. I know what works for my nails, but where my hair is concerned, I am truly a product junkie.  I'm constantly trying new products, hoping to find that holy grail product that will work miracles for my hair.  It's just short of 3 years since I started my healthy hair journey, but during these three years, I have see-sawed between keeping my hair chemically straightened (relaxed) or going natural. Depending of this, my hair reacts differently to my hair care products. So this means that my product closet has, on occasion, over-flowed.  I'm almost ashamed to admit, at one time my linen closet looked like a beauty supply store stock room, LOL! I have for the most part calmed down with my purchases, but every so often I will try a new product.

Today's post is a review of the Tresemme' Smooth Keratin Shampoo & Conditioner.  I am currently attempting another transition to natural hair so moisture is key for my hair's health and manageability. Tresemme' is a brand that is often talked about in a positive light in the natural hair community. So earlier this year when I saw this new line from Tresemme' I decided to give it a try.  As I mentioned my hair responds differently depending its status (relaxed or transitioning).  I have used these products a few times so that I could come to a well tested decision.  

First, the Tresemme' Keratin Smooth Shampoo.  It's a lower sulfate formula. I'm normally not an ingredient snob but, non-sulfate & low sulfate shampoos seems to be the latest hub-bub. So what the heck? I have tried some non-sulfate shampoos, and wasn't overly impressed.  But with this "lower sulfate shampoo", I liked that while it lathered as a normal shampoo, it didn't leave my hair feeling stripped. Out of habit, I always do two lathers but even with the first, my hair felt clean yet, again not stripped. Although, I must remember the next time I use this shampoo, that with the second lather, not to use as much product as I do with the first. I had lather overload on my second application. LOL!  I can't say that it's has hydrating and moisturizing as some of the conditioning shampoos I've used. There was definitely the need for conditioner when finished. 
Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Potassium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, PEG-45M, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, PPG-9, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
So after using the Tresemme' Keratin Smooth Shampoo, I went to the Tresemme' Keratin Smooth Conditioner.  I applied it as directed, focusing at my mid-length and ends.  Then applying it to my roots.  Almost immediately after applying the conditioner, I felt my hair softening. However, it didn't have the level of slip that I like. I normally detangle while in the shower, but with this product, detangling wasn't as easy as with my other products.  I was tempted to used my normal conditioner but to give a full review of this shampoo & conditioner combination, I did not.  I'm not sure if it's because these products are infused with Keratin (a protein), but while not feeling stripped, my hair did not feel as moisturized as I would like.  I understand that these products do not claim to be hydrating or moisturizing, but I do expect some level of moisture from the products I use.
Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl, Dimethylamine, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Amodimethicone, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
So my overall opinion, would I repurchase these products? Probably not the Keratin Smooth collection, but I haven't given up on the Tresemme' brand. I still want to try the Tresemme' Naturals Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner. As I mentioned earlier, I'm currently transitioning so I'm looking for a shampoo & conditioner that is hydrating and moisturizing, while giving me slip to make detangling easy.

What are some of your favorite moisturizing shampoos & conditioners? As I've always said, moisture is key, for healthy nails and hair.

Grace, Peace, & Blessings.


* FTC: These products were bought with my own money, unless otherwise noted. These are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by any of these companies. This is not a sponsored post.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.