,

Product Review: Rimmel London ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara

8:16 PM

It was back in December, that I first saw a new Rimmel London mascara advertised in my Allure Magazine.  I was determined that I was going to find this and give it a try.  It released first in the UK and wasn't supposed to be release here in the US until Spring, 2013, but I recently found it in my local Walgreens. There have been several mascaras, high-end and drug-strore, that have the litte ball-thingy on the brush head, but I had not tried any up until this point. When it comes to drug-store mascaras, I normally only purchase them when they're on sale. But as soon as I saw this I grabbed it without hesitation.

Today, I am sharing with you the Rimmel London ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara. As stated on the packaging, this is a "Fiber Formula", that is supposed to help lengthen your lashes. Unlike many of those recently released fiber mascaras, there weren't any of those little fiber-like hairs. Taking a look at the brush, you can see for yourself. 

So my first impression is that the formula is on the dryer side. I don't like a super wet formulation, but I also don't like a formula that feels too dry. I felt like I had to swirel the brush around inside the bottle to get any product on the brush. With the first coat, I got some volume, but definitely needed a couple more coats. I used the tip to get closest to the tear-ducts and to cover my bottom lashes without any smudges or smears.

Next, I noticed, while this is not a Cover Girl's Clump Crusher, still with 3 coats, I didn't have any clumps or threats of clumps.  Something else that I have started to notice ever since Maybelline's Volum' Express Mega Plush and it's gel formula, this Rimmel London ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara doesn't dry rigid on the lashes. I wouldn't call them plush, but they have a soft feel.

*Please excuse my tired eyes.

So my overall opinion of the Rimmel London ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara is:

Brush: I prefer the non-plastic brushes, but I do like the ball-thingy tip for getting to the hard-to-reach places.

Formula: More dry than I prefer, but no clumping. Also, I like that it didn't leave my lashes hard. 
 
Price$7.49 at Walgreens. The price is about average for a drug-store mascara, but still more than I like to pay for one mascara.
 
Overall: I am glad that I tried this product and will give other Rimmel London products a chance. I would prefer a formula that was more wet. But I definitely enjoyed the brush and its trouble-free appliation.

Have you tried the newest Rimmel mascara, Rimmel London ScandalEyes Show Off? And if so, what were your thoughts on the product?

Grace, Peace, & Blessings.



* FTC: These products were bought with my own monies. These are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by and of these companies. This is not a sponsored post.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.