Like these other products, Salon Grafix is a Sulfate, and Paraben-Free single product that is suppose to replace your shampoo, conditioner, and detangler all while leaving your hair stronger, hydrated and frizz-free. It contains no artificial colors or harsh chemicals. It's also ph-balanced and not tested on animals.
When these types of products first hit the market, we were educated on how the shampoos we had used for years were harsh and stripping to our hair. how sulfates and harsh detergents were not beneficial for our hair. We are a society of subs (lather). Most like to see subs, foam, and/or lather in our cleansers to feel that they are really working. But personally I am getting use to little or no lather.
Promises of this product: It claims to replace your shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, leave-in and detangler. While leaving your hair moisturized, healthy and shiny.
My Hair Stats: African American with chemically straightened & colored, shoulder-length hair. Medium to Coarse texture.
So what were my results & experiences with Salon Grafix Healthy Hair Nutrition, Conditioning Cleanser?
As the directions explains, I started by saturating my hair with luke warm water and then applied enough product to fully saturate my hair from root to tip. According to the directions, for my hair thickness & length, I used 7-8 pumps per section. After allowing it to sit for a few minutes, I added a little more water and massaged it through to my scalp, combed with a wide-tooth shower comb and rinse to remove. Next, I applied about a quarter-size amount as a leave-in. I allowed my hair to air dry for about 30 minutes and then followed up with my blow dryer. Afterwards, my hair was very soft, manageable, detangled and had tons of body. There is also an Intensive Hair Repair Masque that is part of this product line so I think I will be giving that a try next.
Overall Opinion: I don't see the need to spend the extra money for WEN by Chaz Dean® (which would also include shipping), when Salon Grafix Healthy Hair Nutrition, Conditioning Cleanser is readily available. At first use, the result are very comparable.
- Bottle: 12oz (335 ml)
- Scent: Citrus Creme. A bit stronger than I like for a hair product. After rinsing it out the scent was less and not overpowering.
- Consistency: Thicker than a regular conditioner, more like the consistency of a body lotion. From what I can remember of WEN by Chaz Dean®, this is slightly thinner in consistency.
- Availability: I found it at Walgreens, but advertisement states that it's also available at CVS. Their online site lists several places to find this product. Click Here for other locations.
- Price: $7.99 at Walgreens
- EXTRA BONUS: There was a "Try Me Free" coupon attached to this product. Sending in the receipt and coupon, Salon Grafix will send me a check for the full amount paid. So I will be sending that in for my refund.
Grace, Peace, & Blessings.
* FTC: These products were bought with my own monies. These are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by and of these companies. This is not a sponsored post.