My concerns with these gel nail kits were a few:
- I use a treatment product to strengthen & harden my nails. Would a gel system strengthen & protect my nails?
- How easy would the application be?
- Would these gel systems give me the same results that my normal regimen give me?
- Even before I received the SensatioNail™ Invincible Gel Polish Starter Kit, I watched several You Tube videos so that I would know what to expect and learn how to apply the system.
- So, the SensatioNail™ Invincible Gel Polish Starter Kit comes with following:
The Pro 3060 LED Lamp, The Gel Primer, The Gel Cleanser, Gel Base & Top Coat, Color Gel Polish, Lint-Free Wipes, Double-sided buffer/file, Orangewood Manicure stick
- Before starting my gel manicure, I first took care of my cuticles, then filed and shaped my nails.
- Once I opened my SensatioNail™ Invincible Gel Polish Starter Kit, I set out all the items and plugged in the 3060 LED Lamp.
- There is a Quick Reference Guide included with the kit. As instructed, the first step is to file and lightly buff your natural nail. The buffing is necesssary to give your nail some texture.
- Following the buffing, I used one of the Lint-Free wipes to clean my nails with the included Gel Cleanser.
- Next step was is apply a light coat of the Gel Primer and let it air dry. With each product applied I was careful not to get any on my cuticle but to make certain I wrapped my tips or as SensatioNail™ refers to it "Cap the edges".
- Following the Gel Primer, I applied the Gel Base & Top Coat, capping the edges, and cured my nails for 30 seconds.
- I like that the Pro 3060 LED Lamp is time smart. Once you press the button, it will chirp at 30 seconds, and then turns off at 60 seconds. It takes out the guess work.
- Next, I applied my first coat of the Gel Polish. The kits come with Scarlet Red, Raspberry Wine, or Pink Chiffon. The kit I received to review came with the Scarlet Red but I wasn't in the mood for red, so I purchased a bottle of the SensatioNail™ Ocean Sparkle. After I applied the first thin coat, I cured for 60 seconds; followed with a second coat and cured for another 60 seconds.
- After the Gel polish, I applied another thin coat of the Gel Base & Top coat and cured for 60 seconds.
- The last step is the wipe down your nails with the Gel Cleanser using the lint-free wipes. If this step is omitted, you will find a tacky layer remaining on your nails.
- At this point, as sceptical as I am, I was amazed, my nails were 100%, completely, absolutely dry and had a glossy shine. The entire first time use took me no longer than 30 minutes.
- Would a gel system strengthen & protect my nails?
- To date I have worn this manicure for 5 days and my nails feel almost as strong as with the other products I used with my normal manicure and look at that shine.
- Yes, the application was easy. It just took some getting use to doing my thumbs last. I actually love how fast my manicure is done and completely dry.
- Yes, there is no difference in the outcome. I even applied the SensatioNail™ Gel Polish over two nails that had patches and it's indistinguishable.
Overall opinion after initial use:
- SensatioNail™ Gel Polish is great for those who go for weekly manicures. This is definiately a money saver. For the price of a gel manicure, gas, tax and tip, you can get the SensatioNail™ Invincible Gel Polish Starter Kit and do 10 manicures in the comfort of your own home.
- I would definiately recommend this product for the busy woman who just doesn't have the time to go get manicures or pedicures. No need for baby-sitters, or after-work salon visits.
- This kit is readily available. I have seen them in Walgreens, Walmart, and CVS. They are also available at several online retailers. Also, I have seen a coupon on the SensatioNail™ Facebook page, click HERE.
- There is currently 12 core colors, as well as 2 french maniures polishes but SensatioNail™ also releases seasonal collections, including magnetic and glitter polishes.
- On a personal note: As I normally change my polish at least twice a week, this probably would not be a product I would look to use regularly, but would definitely use when I knew I wouldn't have time for my frequent polish changes, like when I go on vacation or away on business. So SensatioNail™ Gel Polish will be a product in my arsenal.
I would absolutely recommend this product. As we are in the midst of the gift giving season, if you have a lacquer lover on your shopping list, SensatioNail™ Invincible Gel Polish Starter Kit would make a great holiday gift option. Also with family & friends gatherings, and office parties, this would be great for achieving that long lasting festive holiday look.
Price: Suggested Retail Price: $60, but I have seen the starter kit for like $10 less in Walmart. Also, check out the SensatioNail Facebook page for the occassional coupon offer.
Availability: Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, Target and several online retailers.
Products: Starter Kits, Essentials Kits, Color Gel Color, Remover Kit, Remover Tool, Magnetic Colors, Glitter Effects Collections, Limited Edition Seasonal Collections, & French Manicure Kits
Grace, Peace, & Blessings.
* This sample product was sent to me for review consideration by the PR department of the Manufacturer. These however are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.