NOTD: China Glaze Blue Sparrow (Neon)

Once again I am presenting you with a well blogged about polish. But some polishes are so pretty that they deserve multiple viewings.  So, today I am reminding you of China Glaze's Blue Sparrow from the Ink Collection released during the Summer of 2008.  For those who are not familiar, China Glaze Blue Sparrow is a medium blue neon glitter.  It contains a micro teal glitter. It you require a smooth finish or glossy finish, you will than need a top coat. Surprisingly, since I normally prefer smooth finishes, I was able to wear this polish without a top coat. When I first started blogging, I read several other posts and they all said that these neons dried matte. Personally, I would not equate this to the matte of true matte polishes. In these two pictures, I did not add any top coat and as you can see, while the finish is somewhat matte, there is still a shine of sorts. 

So if you haven't tried China Glaze Blue Sparrow or it's been a while since you have worn it, give it a try.  It's one that needs more exposure.

Review:
·Color Family: Blue - Cool tone
·Finish: Neon Micro Glitter (Matte)
·Opacity: 3 coats for bottle color
·Collection: Ink Collection 2008

·Bottle:14 mL – 0.5 Fl oz.
·Brush:Standard narrow brush
·Price:Reg. $5.99 but can be often found on sale at Sally and other e-tailers.
·Availability:This is part of the China Glaze permanent collection. Ulta and Sally Beauty are some of the major retailers that carry China Glaze
·Application: Smooth. In these pictures, I am wearing BC, and 2 coats of NP, but I could have used 3 coats to prevent VNL.

Remember, treat your nails as jewels, not tools. Grace and Peace.

4 comments

  1. This looks really pretty on you! I guess this would be more of a satin matte, wouldn't it? I have this and love it, of course. It's a gorgeous shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nicole, "Satin Matte" that's a good description. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't go for darker blue polishes, but this color is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I have it but haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.