These are a few of my favorite things, this week...

Julie Andrews is not the only one that can claim a few of her favorite things. I am thinking that from time-to-time I will post about some of my favorite beauty products. These are items that I either consider my holy grail items or are products i've recently come across and am currently loving. I will be listing items from Hair Care, Skin Care, Bath & Body, Make-Up and of course Nail Care. I hope that my experiences with these items will be able to help someone...As my blog title touts, For Me, It Works.

Category: Hair - Proclaim Intense Hydrating Masque
About 20 months ago, I started on a healthy hair journey. Since then I have experimented with a ton of products to help me along my journey. In that time, my hair has grown from ear length to just above arm pit length. One step in my regimen is moisture deep conditioning on dry hair. Argan Oil is one of my absolute favorite oils. I recently came across Proclaim Intense Hydraying Masques with Argan Oil at Sally Beauty. So I did a dry hair deep conditioning session. I applied to my hair, wrapped it in a plastic shopping bag (my help to recycle, LOL!) and sat under my heat cap for about 30 minutes. This can also be done without the heat, just extend the length of time you allow it to sit on your hair. I then followed up with my normal wash day process and my hair came out uber soft. I am loving this product and look forward to try the other products in the line (shampoo, conditioner, & argan oil treatment) 

Stats: African-American, with relaxed hair, stretches my retouches to about 10-12 weeks. Avoids products with mineral oil, and petroleum.

Category: Nail Care - Blue Cross Cuticle Remover
Many nail bloggers, Make-Up Alley participants, and Nail Twitters, have been talking about Blue Cross Cuticle Remover for some time now. Pros: It works! You get 16 ounces for $5.99. It's readily available at Sally Beauty. Cons: Watery so application can get tricky. I use a cotton swab.

Category: Make-Up - Sephora "Tricks of the Trade" Anti-Shine Primer
I have tried a few facial primers over the past few years. I am currently using and am liking Sephora "Trick of the Trade" Anti-Shine Primer. The fact that I have repurchased this product, this tells me that I like it. I don't use foundation but this products adds a matte finish to my make-up. It lasts a good 6-8 hours. I have been trying several of the Sephora Brand products and must admit, I have liked what I have tried thus far.

Category: Skin Care - Aveeno Clear Complextion Moisturizer
My facial skin is not sensitive and is fairly durable so there aren't many products that causes an adverse reaction to my skin.  But because I have had allergic reactions to heavily perfumed products, I tend to stick with a very short list of products. One of the facial moisturizers that I come back to time and time again is Aveeno Clear Complextion Moisturizer.  This product has been on my short list for several years. When I don't want to spend department store prices on a facial moisturizer, I turn to Aveeno. Simple and straight forward, It works! It contains acne fighting Salicylic Acid; it's oil-free and helps to even out skin tone. It also has a clean smelling scent.  I plan to try the anti-aging line soon. This is a brand that will continue to be in my skin regimen.

Stats: Combination to Oily skin with minor monthly acne.

Category: Body Care - Palmer's Foot Magic Foot Moisturizer*
Looking for a invigorating, moisturizing foot balm? Give Palmer's Foot Magic a try. It contains, Cocoa, Mango and Shea Butters, Vitamin E and Peppermint Oil. It helps to moisturize and soften my tired feet. I love to apply it at night with cotton socks.

I blog for the fun of it and hope that along the way, some of my experiences can help someone.  What are some of your favorite beauty products?

Grace, Peace, and Blessings.

*Note: I won this product from Palmer’s. I was not compensated for this review nor was I asked to review any of their products.

4 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your faves. A couple looks interesting to me and I may have to try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love review posts. I will have to try the hair mask before I wash....I've been using it instead of conditioner in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little tip for Blue Cross - try putting it in an empty nail polish bottle. The brush helps application since it is so watery. I love the Palmer's Foot Magic. I also use it on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Connie, Thanks. I hope they are helpful.
    @Angie, Thanks. I love doing deep conditioning on dry hair. Makes my hair crazy soft.
    @KrisInPhilly, Thanks for the suggestion. I have mine in a twist top 4oz bottle and use the q-tip. I had heard about the empty bottle. I need to try that. I love Blue Cross, it really works.

    ReplyDelete

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.