Butter London was a brand that I had never tried. The $14 a bottle was what prevented me from trying it. To date the most I had spent for a single polish was $12.50 and that was for a Nfu-Oh and for an OPI DS polish. I would look at the Butter London whenever I was in Ulta but just could not bring myself to spend the money. But fortunately during the month of September Ulta had their 21 Days of Beauty promotion. Each day they offered "Beauty Steals" for the more high-end products and on September 20th, they had Butter London nail lacquer Buy 1 Get 1 free. Here was my chance to try Butter London for the first time. Many awaited this promotion. I checked the Ulta.com website about 2:00 PM EST and they were already Sold Out. WOW! I thought long and hard on which shades I would try. So about 7:30 that evening I went to my local Ulta, not knowing if they would still have any in stock, but fortunately they did and I was able to pick up four polishes.
So here is my first posting on Butter London nail lacquer. I have an interview Thursday so to comply with the normal conservative interview look, I choose Butter London All Hail The Queen.
I had no expectations when starting to this manicure. First, coat, applied good; not runny. Second coat, gave me complete coverage and bottle color. The Butter London website claims that this is a "holographic beige". At best I would say it is a very slight scattered holo. The color is a cool beigey-taupe. The one negative is that I am experiencing some shrinkage having used Seche Vite' Top Coat, so with the next Butter London manicure, I will use OPI Top Coat first, than SV.
- Color Family: Tans & Browns - Cool tone
- Finish: Slight Scattered Holographic
- Opacity: 2 coats for bottle color
- Bottle: 11 mL – 0.4 Fl oz.
- Brush: Standard narrow brush
- 3 Free Status: contains NO Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP
- Price: Reg. $14.00 but I purchased B1G1 during Ulta's Sale
- Availability: Ulta, Ulta.Com and Butter London.com are the places I have found them
- Application: Smooth. In these pictures, I am wearing BC, and 2 coats of NP. I am seeing slight shrinkage so with the next application I will use another Top Coat before I apply Seche Vite'.
Remember, treat your nails as jewels, not tools. Grace and Peace.