Back in April, it was announced that the brow people, Salon Perfect, would be releasing a limited edition Spring/Summer Collection of nail polish to be sold in Walmart during the month of May, 2012. I was fortunate enough to get the chance to sample the line. The collection is made up of 14 polishes. There are a couple shimmers, but most are cremes.
The first half consists of:
Spicy Tomato – Juicy red
Tangy Tangerine – Tart orange
Sour Apples – True blue-green
Blue Raspberry – Vivid azure
Plum Sorbet – Magenta with purple shimmer
Berry Pink – Bold flamingo pink
Bubblegum – Honeysuckle pink
When I first heard of this line, I had no expectations. For me, Salon Perfect were the Lash people and that's all. So when I received the collection for review, I was pleasantly surprised. Although the colors are not out of the ordinary, the collection covers the gamut of colors needed for both Spring and Summer trends.
After the colors, the next thing I looked at was the brush, I normally don't like short handles, but this brush head was easy to work with. I was pretty much able to polish with little or no clean up due to the "workability" of the brush.
As for the formulation of each polish it was as follows:
- Spicy Tomato – a red-orange jelly finish
- Tangy Tangerine - an orange-coral, jelly finish
- Sour Apples - more green than swatched, streaky, opaque cream
- Blue Raspberry - dusty teal opaque cream
- Plum Sorbet - purple with pink shimmer
- Berry Pink - hot pink with pink shimmer (very faint shimmer)
- Bubblegum - light pink with shear pink shimmer
I think that this collection is great for someone starting a polish collection or someone wanting to step outside their comfort zone and try different polish colors. Based on these swatches, in the future, I will stop and give Salon Perfect a serious look next time I see them in the stores.
Grace, Peace, & Blessings.
* These sample products were sent to me for review consideration by the PR department of the Manufacturer. These however are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.