Fellow Beauty Fanatics

Thursday, September 13, 2012

NAIL CARE SERIES: Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil

Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize...This has been my mantra for quite some time.   As I have explained in several of my blog posts; I believe that to have healthy nails and cuticles, it is imperative to keep them moisturized.  

I have posted about my own cuticle oil mix but not everyone wants to make their own, so today I would like to share with you a drug store product that I also like and I believe that for those who don't choose to make their own oil, will address the need to keep your nails and cuticles moisturized. Today I would like to highlight the Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil.  When I started making my own cuticle oil, I became very concerned about its ingredients.

Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil has some very beneficial ingredients, that each add to the health and condition of your nails & cuticles.  These ingredients include:
  • Vitamin E: acts as an antioxidant; and when applied topically, vitamin E oil penetrates the deeper skin layers and moisturizes it.  It can also be used for treating dry and cracked cuticles.
  • Safflower Oil: treats flaky, dry skin and enables the skin to retain moisture. Safflower oil does not clog the pores, making it suitable for sensitive skin.
  • Wheat Germ Oil: contains vitamins A, E and D, all three of which are good for the skin. The oil also contains fatty acids and minerals with anti-oxidant and regenerative properties that help keep skin soft and supple
  • Aloe Vera: beneficial for cracked and dry skin.
  • Panthenol:natural humectant that improves the moisture-retention capacity of the skin and stimulates skin regeneration. It has an anti-inflammatory benefit and the ability to penetrate skin layers.
  • Coconut Oil: has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties that can stop minor skin infections from starting.
  • Apricot Kernel Oil:  its high vitamin E content and skin softening properties, apricot kernel oil is known for its ability to penetrate the skin without leaving an oily feel.

Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil comes with a brush to make application easy.  The instructions state that you should bush onto you nails nightly and to be certain to wash your hands before applying any nail polish. Personally, I apply cuticle oil twice daily, once in the morning and again before bed. I also apply it to my cuticles but also to the underside of my nails. So in summary, if you are looking to have healthy nails and cuticles, moisture is key. A product to help you get there is Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil.  

Summary:

  • Size: 0.45 FL Oz (13.3 ml)
  • Availability: readily available anywhere Sally Hansen products are sold; drug stores, grocery stores, Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc.
  • Price: not overly priced, I've seen it in the $4-6 range 
  • Consistency: unscented, not overly greasy, quickly absorbed into the skin.

So long or short, if you wish to have healthy nails and cuticles, keep them moisturized.  

Grace, Peace, & Blessings.
* These sample products were sent to me for review consideration by the PR department of the Manufacturer. These however, are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...