October, 2011 Favorite Products...

Last month I decided to start doing periodic favorite products postings. I have since decided to make this a monthly posting, similar to how many do monthly favorite videos on You Tube. I know that I appreciate the efforts others make to show their favorites. They often introduce to me products I have never seen and/or considered. Again, these are items that I either consider my holy grail items or are products i've recently come across and am currently loving. I will be listing items from Hair Care, Skin Care, Bath & Body, Make-Up and of course Nail Care. I hope that my experiences with these items will be able to help someone along the way...As my blog title touts, For Me, It Works.

1. Category: Hair Care - Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Replenishing Conditioner As I mentioned in my first favorites posting, I started a healthy hair journey almost 2 years ago. One of the goals for healthy hair is to find a balance between moisture and protein. Most products have an emphasis on one or the other. However I was fortunate to find ORS Replenishing Conditioner which has has a balance between the two. I love this product, not only does it give me the strengthening effects of a protein conditioner, it also provides moisture which leaves my hair soft yet strong; all this with a great citrus scent. One of my favorite ways to use this product is to do a deep conditioning on dry hair. Before shampooing my hair, I apply this product to my hair and either sit under a hooded dryer or heat cap for about 30 minutes then proceed with my shampoo process. Uber soft.

Stats: African-American, with 4B relaxed hair, stretches my retouches to about 10-12 weeks. Avoids products with mineral oil, and petroleum.

2. Category: Nail Care - Polar White Buffer Block Anyone that has worn a dark green or navy polish has had issues with staining. Some of my favorite polishes are the ones that stain the most. Of course I have in my arsenal, lemon juice, and denture whitening tablets, but what I have found to work the best for me is the Polar White Buffing Blocks. Just a few strokes and my nails are back to normal. Of course we must always be careful not to over bluff as that contributes to the thinning of your nails. So the next time you find your nails stained give the Polar White Buffer block a try. Pros: It works! Available at Sally Beauty for $1.19 per block. Cons: As with any buffing, be careful not to over buff and cause damage to your nail beds.

3. Category: Make-Up - NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils Whereas I have been wearing makeup for decades now, I only recently started incorporating primers and bases to my regimen. Recently I was introduced to NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils to use as eye shadow base. I had seen this product line before but never stopped to consider it. But after viewing several You Tube videos and so many were raving about this product I had to give it a try. Eureka! I had been sleeping on a really good product. Applied over my eye lid primer, these pencils act as a base beneath my eye shadows that punch up the shadow. They come in like 25 colors and are available online and at several retailers from Ulta to my local beauty supply store. They are not pricey and range in price from $4.49 at Ulta to $3.49 at my local beauty supply store. The application is smooth and creamy. I really need to look at the other products this line offers. Being a brand snob has its drawbacks...I have missed out on some really good items.

4. Category: Skin Care - Burt's Bees Lip Balm
There is one thing that I absolutely cannot stand and that is dry skin, including my lips. I don't even remember when I started using this product. It just always was. Burt's Bees Lip Balm. This stuff is excellent. IMO, it is far better than the old Chapstick from years gone by. It keeps my lips soft, moisturized, and protected from the elements. I keep tubes of this stuff everywhere; purse, backpack, car, nightstand, office desk absolutely everywhere. I have recommended Burt's Bees to many of my friends because it works! It is readily available in stores and online at www.burtsbees.com, in addition to not being too pricey. So before you go out into the sun, don't forget to protect your lips also with 100% natural Burt's Bees Lip Balm.

5. Category: Body Care - Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrubs I am very critical of body scrubs. I do not like oil based scrubs or really creamy scrubs. So up until recently the only scrub that I could find that I liked was a department store brand that was $25 a 23oz tub. I recently came across the Tree Hut brand and their Shea Sugar Scrubs. The consistency was very similar to the sugar scrub I was already using but like at a third the cost at $7.49 for 18 oz. They are fairly easy to find in my area, as Wal-mart, Publix, and Ulta carry the line as well as online at www.treehutshea.com. So I went to Ulta to take a look. I must admit, some of the scents, I flat out did not like, the Brazilian Nut , and the Original Shea did not appeal to me at all, but the Coconut Lime and the Hawaiian Kukui were coming home with me. And as or the results, I was not disappointed. I apply the scrub to dry skin and rinse it off in the shower. It leaves my skin soft and supple to the touch. This product will definitely be replacing my scrub of old. The Tree Hut line also includes lotions, body butters, and body wash. I will need to visit some of these products also.

I blog for the fun of it and hope that along the way, some of my experiences can help someone. What are some of your favorite beauty products?

Grace, Peace, and Blessings.

*Note: All of these products were purchased with my own monies. None of these reviews were sponsored, and these are all my own personal opinions.

No comments

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.