Time to Brighten up for the summer...

As I have more than once mentioned, I love the dark shades of polish…the dark blues, purples, greens, and reds.  Well I can’t deny it any longer, spring is here and summer is fast approaching so I need to embrace the more springy/summery colors.  My blog friend, Penelope of All Things Nails, has encouraged me to step outside of my comfort zone and try the brighter shades.  So I took the first step and purchased several, but up until this point I had not worn any of them.  So as a one-two punch to help me with my recent drastic cut back, I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and try the more springy/summery shades.  This first go round, I decided to try some of my corals. 
Thursday evening I swatched four from my inventory.  At first sight, I felt safest with the Finger Paints Art Appreciation Apricot, but as the night and next morning went on, I warmed up to the more bright and “out there” OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It.  If I am going to jump in, I may as well go all out and dive into the deep end.  LOL!!!  So here is my first entry into the spring/summer shades.  OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It!!!  It doesn’t hurt that I have a cat named Taz either.  LOL!!!  I even took it a step further and accented my ring fingers with Milani Gold Glitz.  I got the idea from watching Lisa Price of Carol's Daughter last weekend on HSN.  She was wearing a Turquoise with the Gold Accent fingers and I really liked the look.  The Milani Gold Glitz is a glitter with faint reddish glitter also, so it works nicely with the OPI TDMMDI.

Review:  Not surprising, the application was smooth.  In this photo and the comparisons, I am wearing two coats of NP.  OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It is a pretty, bright, not neon, but bright, corally, orange, creme. Great for your mani and pedi! A definite for spring and summer.

Lastly, just a quick pictorial update on my nail growth.  It has only been 2 weeks since my cut back but you can already see growth.

Thanks to Penelope for the encouragement.  Grace and Peace to all.

No comments

***Please Read Before Commenting***
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I appreciate your constructive comments and suggestions. However, I must insist on NO spamming links. If you do, I must delete your comment. Don't worry, I will be able to follow you, when you comment, your name is clickable and that link itself takes me to your profile on blogger. If you would like for me to visit your blog, simply email me and I will be sure to visit. Again, I always appreciate hearing from my followers and visitors. Grace, Peace, Joy, and Blessings.