, , ,

Time to Brighten up for the summer...

11:04 AM

As I have more than once mentioned, I love the dark shades of polish…the dark blues, purples, greens, and reds.  Well I can’t deny it any longer, spring is here and summer is fast approaching so I need to embrace the more springy/summery colors.  My blog friend, Penelope of All Things Nails, has encouraged me to step outside of my comfort zone and try the brighter shades.  So I took the first step and purchased several, but up until this point I had not worn any of them.  So as a one-two punch to help me with my recent drastic cut back, I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and try the more springy/summery shades.  This first go round, I decided to try some of my corals. 
Thursday evening I swatched four from my inventory.  At first sight, I felt safest with the Finger Paints Art Appreciation Apricot, but as the night and next morning went on, I warmed up to the more bright and “out there” OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It.  If I am going to jump in, I may as well go all out and dive into the deep end.  LOL!!!  So here is my first entry into the spring/summer shades.  OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It!!!  It doesn’t hurt that I have a cat named Taz either.  LOL!!!  I even took it a step further and accented my ring fingers with Milani Gold Glitz.  I got the idea from watching Lisa Price of Carol's Daughter last weekend on HSN.  She was wearing a Turquoise with the Gold Accent fingers and I really liked the look.  The Milani Gold Glitz is a glitter with faint reddish glitter also, so it works nicely with the OPI TDMMDI.

Review:  Not surprising, the application was smooth.  In this photo and the comparisons, I am wearing two coats of NP.  OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It is a pretty, bright, not neon, but bright, corally, orange, creme. Great for your mani and pedi! A definite for spring and summer.

Lastly, just a quick pictorial update on my nail growth.  It has only been 2 weeks since my cut back but you can already see growth.

Thanks to Penelope for the encouragement.  Grace and Peace to all.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.