In addition to aging, I suffer with seasonal allergies and oddly, the "season" seems to be getting longer. Mary Kay has recently released some new products that claim to help relieve some of the discomfort associated with seasonal allergies, such as puffy eyes, and dry skin.
I have always had oily to combination-oily, skin but lately I've noticed more dry patches and find lines across my forehead. What the heck?! So the first product I was interested to try was the Mary Kay Moisture-Renewing Gel Mask.
First, their claims:
- Combat dryness and brighten complexion.
- Cooling mask contains a potent blend of vital skincare essentials, including moisture-loving Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitamins E and B3, and an extract of superfruit Acai Berry
- Helps skin feel calm, purified and nourished
- Of course, one of my initial concerns was if this would aggravate my oily skin. But it is for dry to oily skin, dermatologist tested & oil-free.
- Because of my experience years ago, I did a patch test for a couple days, and after no adverse reaction, I was ready to go full on.
- It is recommending that this is used 2-3 times a week, so the first two applications, I tried the "10 minute then rinse method". Since then I have been doing the "overnight" at least once a week. I love the cool, hydrating feel.
- Especially after the overnight use, the next morning my skin feels moisturized and I am seeing an improvement of the dryness and fine lines I was seeing on my forehead.
The next product I was interested to try was the Mary Kay TimeWise Repair Eye Renewal Cream. At least for me, one of the first areas that started to show signs of aging was that area around my eyes. With the constant rubbing, watering, itching, and squinting, the area around my eyes takes the most abuse.
Now, their claims:
Now, their claims:
- Soothe puffy eyes on contact
- Targets undereye bags, puffiness and dark circles
- Unique zamac metal applicator tip gently massages the under eye to help reduce puffiness and provide a fresh, cooling effect
Now, my experiences:
- The area around the eye is very delicate and needs to be treated as such. When I'm looking for an eye treatment, I look for a product that is gentle yet effective.
- I have been applying this eye cream before my other moisturizers. Once pplied, I use the gentle touch of my ring fingers to pat in the product.
- I apply it twice a day and have experienced increased hydration, reduction in the appearance of my fine lines and reduced puffiness in the under-eye area.
- I love the cool touch of the applicator. It too, allows for a gentle application. A little trick that I use is to store this product in the refrigerator so that when I apply it, I get an even more intense cool application.
Now for the stats of the products:
- Suggested Retail Price of Mary Kay Moisture-Renewing Gel Mask is $20 for 3.0 oz.
- Suggested Retail Price of Mary Kay TimeWise Repair Eye Renewal Cream is $40 0.5 oz.
- If your church or workplace is anything like mine, you probably know a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. There have been a few pink Cadillacs in my church's parking lot, LOL! or
- Mary Kay products can be purchased though their website: MaryKay.com
Grace, Peace, & Blessings.
* These products were sent to me for review consideration by either the manufacturer or the PR firm representing the manufacturer. These however are my honest opinions. I am not employed by nor was I paid by this company.